Precautions for the use of electric water heater plugs
The electric water heater plug is an important part of using an electric water heater, but many owners often unplug the electric water heater because they want to save electricity. In fact, there are many small points that need to be paid attention to in the use of electric water heaters. If they are properly maintained, the service life of electric water heaters can be effectively extended. Today, I will take a look at the precautions for the use of electric water heater plugs with the editor for your reference.
Precautions for the use of electric water heater plugs
1. Electric water heaters are high-power electrical appliances with a power of about 1500W and a normal working current of about 7.5A. Therefore, the installation of electric water heaters must use sockets that meet the requirements, and the allowable working current of the sockets must be greater than the working current of the water heater. , At the same time, the plug should be well connected with the socket, the socket current is too small or the plug is not well connected, which will cause the plug, socket and wire to overheat, resulting in premature aging and even fire.
If you do not use the water heater for a long time, you can cut off the power supply in order to save energy. As long as it is a water heater that has passed the national inspection, after the power switch is turned on, it is not a big problem to open it for a day or two. If it is not used for more than three days, or even for several months, it is best to cut off the power supply and unplug it. If you use hot water frequently, you can keep it on, but it is better to have a longer interval between the two startups, otherwise it will consume power and damage the machine.
A truly energy-saving electric water heater does not need to cut off the power frequently, because its heat preservation function needs to be completed when the power is turned on. Frequent power outages will cause these energy-saving features to fail to activate. Coupled with frequent unplugging, it will reduce the life of the plug and even bring unnecessary safety hazards.
2. If the power cord is damaged, in order to avoid danger, the special power cord provided by the manufacturer must be used and replaced by professionals in the maintenance department or similar departments.
3. Regularly (usually every week) check and press the "test" button of the leakage protection plug to confirm that the leakage protection plug can work normally.
4. When using the electric water heater, do not turn off the power supply through the switch on the socket, because the leakage protection plug cannot work after the power supply of the socket is turned off, and it cannot provide protection in the event of a fault such as the ground wire being charged.
5. The socket equipped with the electric water heater should be a fixed special socket with a ground wire, and a mobile power terminal board cannot be used. The structure, capacity and jack size of the socket should match the power plug of the electric water heater. The socket should be placed above the horizontal position of the water outlet of the electric water heater to avoid the risk of short circuit caused by water splashing.
6. Many misunderstandings in life are that people think that the electric water heater is equipped with a socket with a switch. When taking a bath, the switch can be turned off to stop heating. When the machine works without electricity, there will be no danger of electric shock. In fact, this may not be the case Just sit back and relax, because the current data shows that the leakage and electric shock of electric water heaters are almost always caused by the electricity environment of the building, especially in old buildings, there is no ground wire, or because of private pulling, the ground wire is charged, and the electrical appliances are buried for safe use. Once the switch on the socket is turned off, if the ground wire is charged through other households or other electrical appliances, the current will be directly introduced through the ground wire in the water heater power cord connected to the ground protection of the electric water heater shell, resulting in the electric heater The whole is electrified, and at this time, because the switch on the socket has been turned off, the leakage protector cannot form a return flow and cannot work normally, so there is no way to play a protective role, but it increases the danger. At the same time, it is not recommended to plug and unplug the power supply every time the electric water heater is used. Such frequent plugging and unplugging will cause the shrapnel of the contact point inside the socket to cause mechanical fatigue and loosening of the metal over time, resulting in poor contact and affecting the normal passage of current. Due to the change of resistance, local high temperature or even short circuit, burning sockets and plugs, and the moisture when bathing in the bathroom will also affect the electrical safety performance of the plugs and sockets. There is a danger of electric shock when plugging and unplugging frequently. Therefore, choose reliable quality. Qualified electric water heater products and sockets are used in accordance with the requirements of safe use, which is the premise of ensuring safety. People just don’t understand the principle of something, so they have a sense of psychological fear about it. Electric tigers are actually not terrible, you understand , and tamed it.